BEST PRACTICE - PARENTS & SPECTATORS
To promote and describe the code of conduct for all spectators associated with Orrell RUFC.
All spectators must:
• Be on your best behaviour. Do not use foul, sexist, or racist language or harass players, coaches or match officials. Verbal abuse of players or match officials is not acceptable in any form.
• Remember an Orrell Club official may have to ask you to leave the field of play if you contradict this code. Remember the players are taking part for their own enjoyment - not yours.
• They are not professionals or international gladiators.
• Display respect to the Club officials, players, and coaches of both teams and match officials. Without them there would be no game - and do not behave in a way that will bring the Club into disrepute.
• Acknowledge good performance and fair play by opponents as well as by your own team.
• Condemn the use of violence.
• Do not ridicule any players who make mistakes.
Every parent should:
• Teach their young person to treat everyone equally regardless of their gender, ethnic origin, or cultural background. Support all efforts to remove verbal, racist, and physical abuse from Rugby Union.
• Teach their young person that effort and teamwork are more important than victory so that the result of each game is accepted without undue disappointment.
• Not force an unwilling young person to take part in Rugby Union. Parents and Spectators
• Encourage their young person to always play by the rules and to respect match officials.
• Remember their young person is involved in sport for their own enjoyment not the parents.
• Never ridicule or shout at a young person for making a mistake.
• Insist on fair and disciplined play - do not tolerate foul play, cheating, foul, sexist or racist language and do not behave in a way that will bring the Club into disrepute and do not publicly, question the judgement of match officials and never their honesty.
• Recognise the value and importance of volunteer coaches and administrators; they give their time, energy, and resource to provide recreational activities for your young person(s).
Remember an Orrell Club official may ask you to leave the field if you contradict this code. Any parent or spectator that is found to be carrying on with activities or behaviour that is outside this code of conduct may find themselves to be the subject of an internal disciplinary hearing and may also be the subject of sanctions as described in the Club constitution. Mini & Junior Chairman & Committee Orrell Rugby Union Football Club
Mini & Junior Chairman & Committee
Orrell Rugby Union Football Club
Orrell RUFC is a founding member of Orrell & Winstanley Community Sports Club; a joint venture partnership with Winstanley Park Cricket Club to provide community sports facilities for the local community and beyond. The new family orientated facilities will play host to Orrell RUFC, who will finally find a permanent home after leaving their Edgehall Road ground ten years ago. The new buildings will also enable the cricket club to continue to meet the requirements for affiliation to the Southport and District League.
Membership of the Sports Club gives members access to rugby, cricket & rounders and any future sports that join the main club.
Updated July 2019